More and more people are starting to use the Puppet Clubhouse space. We are thrilled. Our community is growing! This growth, however, requires us to be clearer about the use of the clubhouse. Below are rules and guidelines to help us share the space in a way that makes it a good experience for everyone!
GENERAL RULES FOR GROUPS USING THE CLUBHOUSE SPACE
- Know your liaison’s phone number.
- Don’t show up at times when you are not scheduled, without checking with your liaison. Many groups use the space.
- Don’t move other people’s projects if at all possible. If you must, call the number on the label first and ask.
- When your project is all done, do not leave leftover materials at the clubhouse without checking with your liaison. We might want it, but we might not; and we do not want to have to dispose of your junk.
- Use of Puppet Clubhouse materials – help yourself to the materials (cardboard, fabrics in lockers, tape, paint, glue, bamboo, foam etc.) If you use a lot of something often needed like glue sticks, white paint, tape or xacto blades, please replace it.
- The WiFi password is on the bulletin board.
- NO use of glitter or spray paint inside the building. You can use them outside on the grass with a drop cloth.
- The desk and bins in the left back corner belong to someone (to right of lockers). Don’t touch or use that stuff.
- We appreciate financial donations and use them to replenish materials and tools. Put donations in the jar on the welcome table. Info about the clubhouse and a mailing list sign up are also located there. Let the people in your group know about this. We are growing a community.
- Don’t park in the handicap spot.
CHECKLIST BEFORE LEAVING
- Wash all dishes, brushes, paint/paste containers. Do not pour paint or paste down the drain (rinsing okay). Put clean food related dishes on the counter by the microwave. Put art related stuff on the gray shelving unit.
- Sweep and vacuum as needed.
- Pick up all your trash.
- If you are leaving a project in process, condense your materials, try not to store on a table if possible, and always label it with orange paper with your name/group name and phone number.
- Respect all tools by using them carefully and putting them away.
- If the trash or recycling is full, empty it in the bins outside. Do NOT leave food trash inside the building.
- Lock box and key – Arriving – after removing the key to get in, close the empty box, spin the numbers and shut the shutter. After opening the door hang the key on the hook inside the door. Leaving – Always lock the door when you leave. When returning the key to the lock box, spin the numbers and shut the shutter after closing it. Do not share the code with anyone. If you have to give it to someone, you must call your liaison and let them know. Also please note that the door lock is old and sometimes difficult. Do NOT force it. See the arrow sign showing which way to turn
- Turn off all the lights including xmas lights. Don’t turn off the switches with red tape in the panel.
- When everything is cleaned up and you’re out of there, text your liason as a confirmation to them that you have completed the checklist.